Wednesday 19 October 2016

He Did It!

I have been reading the books of 1 Samuel and 2 Samuel and I have been awed again and again by David. When it came to God, he did not play. He loved God – no doubt about that. Through the good times and the not so good times His love for God always shone through. For instance, in 2 Samuel 5:20 after winning a battle he had been fighting against the Philistines he exclaimed, ‘The LORD did it.’ That seemingly short and ordinary phrase got me. Here was a simple acknowledgement that God had brought him victory. It made me think of myself and how I usually act when something good happens to me. Am I quick to declare that my success was because of God or do I give myself the props and tell whoever will listen how hard I worked, the connections I used and the risk I took etc. Even after praying about something, begging and crying before God it is so easy to claim the victory as our own. We are quick to forget and put God in the background.

There is nothing wrong in boasting in the Lord – in fact it is a form of offering, praise and thanksgiving – which opens the door to even greater things (Paul and Silas can testify to the power of praise and worship: Acts 16. 23-30). Yep, let God be the first person you give the 1st credit for your success – every time. I intend to, David’s good example really inspired me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...