Sunday 28 August 2016

Facing My Fears

As a child I never learned how to swim and it has always been one of my regrets. I have  always wondered why I never go the opportunity to learn. I guess it was never considered a priority and hence I  never did. I love watching swimming (the sport) and have always admired swimmers and how good they are - they make it look so easy. But I have a fear of water.

Back in January a friend made a joke saying that if I was not careful I would be the girl to always pass the drinks to others whilst they are having fun in the water swimming. That joke awakened something in me and right then and then I made the decision I was going to learn how to swim.
One day I want to be able to swim with my children and not just wait by the pool side watching. I guess you know what I am going to say next ...right?
I started swimming lessons on the 5th of August and so far so good. The water is not so bad, I can do this.. it might take a bit of time but hey I am determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...