Wednesday 13 July 2016

My All Time Idée Fixe

I have been feeling rather lazy of late. Posting on this blog has been on my to do list  for a while now but it has taken me this long to finally post.
Last month I took a trip home to see my family. I wasn't able to go in December and so I wanted to make up for lost time and also see my nephew who I saw when he was just a baby. I was beyond excited and the days wouldn't move fast enough. Finally the day arrived and I was off. Here are a few pictures from my trip. My nephew has grown up I tell. These kids seem to grow over night and I am sure the next time I see him he will be a whole lot different.
Just after take off. I was able to take this picture as we flew over Joburg. I like taking pictures from the air. Its a different view up there altogether.
I love this picture. Can you that meandering pattern. It must be a dry river or something. Unfortunately, we are experiencing a drought in Southern Africa and hence our rivers are running dry.
Just after landing (whew!). That is the national airline which hasn't been doing so well for a while now.
Aaah there he is. My sister and nephew arrived the next day and we went to the airport to pick them up. This picture was taken just after they had come out of arrivals. He wasn't letting anybody take him from his mama :(
One of my friends has an office which has a great view of Harare. This is what she seeing everyday. Not bad neh?
There he is - my forever idee fix. He was just a tiny baby just yesterday. Not anymore. He is now a hyper and very busy toddler.  Kept all of us on our feet the whole time.
Look at that smile. Priceless.
 Little dude wanted his freedom and all aunt wanted was to have some pictures taken with him.
Do you remember these kind of radios? I love it so much and I am planning to convince my parents to give it to me. This is a gem and you don't see such these days. 
Hey little dude. What are you on about?
Finally warming up to me. We sure had fun together. Can't wait to see you again buddy. 
I miss baby AA already. I can't wait to see him again. I hope that the next time I see him he will remember me. I see him running towards me calling out my name... well one can only dream and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...