Friday 10 June 2016

The End of the Recognition Wall

When I first saw the recognition wall in our office as a new employee I thought it was so cool. It was a board where our visitors got to sign and write messages. It had motivating quotes, touching words and well to be honest some silly slogans and all that but I loved it. I even signed and wrote a message on it. A few weeks ago a decision was made that it should be rubbed clean and used as an upcoming events board. Being the sentimental person that I am I was distraught. I watched with much sadness as it was rubbed clean. And then... there were 2 particular messages which couldn't be rubbed off because some people had apparently used permanent markers. I was so happy that a part of the wall was going to survive after all.

A Part of the wall before it met its demise.

The last 2 pictures are what remains of what used to be. 

What did I tell you? That wall had some really great messages. My only regret is I didn't think of taking pictures of it before it was wiped off. I guess I took it for granted and just never thought it would be gone one day. Thank you, you who used permanent markers - because of you a part of the recognition wall remains alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...