Monday 13 June 2016

Just When I Thought All Was Lost

I have been searching... no hunting yes hunting for a certain book for years. When I was about 7 years old I won a book prize at school. I kept that book for years until I was an adult. But because I moved a lot since completing university and my parents did their own house clearings getting rid of stuff over the years the book got lost. Of course, sentimental me was devastated when I couldn't find it on one of my trips home. My other childhood books including The Secret Garden were still there and I just couldn't understand how that one got lost. I had been hoping that it would be one of the books which I would pass on to my children one day. So I came up with a plan...I would buy the book and keep it to share with my kids one day. Aha as it were it turned out that I had forgotten the name of the book. All I remembered was that it was about a magpie who liked shiny things, a wishing well and a little girl who wished for a present to give to someone.

I tried to search on the internet using these and different phrases but my search turned out nothing on my particular book. Disheartening as it was, I was in denial that the internet with all its vastness would not have any information or at least the cover of the book. I knew if I saw the cover I would recognize it. I tried again and again. I had almost given up hope of ever remembering or finding it when the other day I decided to put time periods of when the book could have been possibly published (e.g 1970s, 1980s) and whala, one of the imagines caught my attention. I had found my book. I was so stunned such that I was speechless and frozen for awhile. After years of searching and trying to remember my moment had finally come. After that nothing and no one could remove the smile from my face.
Image from Pinterest.

This is the book. I am going to find it and buy it. One day I am going to share it with my kids. I am adding it to the list. My kids better be avid readers, shame they already have a number of books waiting for them :) :). Kids one of the things you should know is that your mama is book crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...