Sunday 21 February 2016

A Visit to the Neighbourhood

Although I live close to the Neighbourgoods Market in Braamfontein (a 30 miniutes walk) I had never been there. Procrastination. Yes, I had been procrastinating. Two weeks ago I woke up on a Saturday morning and decided I was going to go. I am glad I did.
Welcome to the Neighbourgoods Market.
Stopped by Sumting Fresh Food stall and I must say  the guy in the pink totally convinced me to try their Chow Pao burger. I was skeptical because it had this white Taiwanese bun which I was not familiar with. It was a gamble which I am glad I took.
These guys are great. You should hear them doing their haka occassionally. Its what made me curious and approach the stall in the 1st place.
There is my Chow Pau and a Berry Mojito. I tell you that Chow Pau is out of this world. Loved it. So fresh and the flavors just exploded in my mouth.
I think my experience at the market would have been much nicer if I had company. I didnt have anyone to exclaim to how delicious the food was and I am sure I would have tried more new food and stayed longer.

This visit to the Neighbourgoods market made me realise that although I have lived in Joburg for years I do not really know the city. There are still so many places yet to be seen and explored. This year I want to try and discover this great city and all its character and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...