Thursday 1 October 2015

My Ongoing Love Affair

It was the book Heidi by Johanna Spyri which ignited my love for Switzerland.  Reading about her love of living with her grandfather in the Alps Mountains created this wonderful picture in my mind which I couldn’t rub out. I made up my then young mind that one day I was going to visit or live in Switzerland. Since then I have had a fascination with Switzerland, with it being one of my top go to places.  Every time someone asks me which is the place I would like to visit the most, I don't hesitate to mention  my sweet sweet Switzerland. Sometime ago my love for Switzerland was intensified by this:

The OHCHR is headquartered in the historic Palais Wilson building in Geneva, Switzerland.

Yes, this is my dream work place. I want to work for - The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR). I refuse to give up on this dream one day...

In 2009 I had an opportunity to visit Switzerland but I blew it and I regret it. A friend of mine was getting married in Bern and she invited me for her wedding. I hesitated ... I wish I had not. Next time I get an opportunity to go I will grab the chance because really I have waited much too long for you Switzerland. Maybe now that I have put it out there my dream is closer to coming to pass.... I hope so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...