Thursday 20 June 2013

It’s Contagious


About a week and half ago I visited the local library so that I could open an account with them. After submitting all the required documents they told me to come back after 7 working days as they needed to confirm information about me. Three days later, I was back in the library. I was a desperate woman who needed something to read and seven days was way too long for me. Fortunately, they had already confirmed everything and I was handed my new library card. I was so excited and told the lady that she had made me the happiest woman in the world.  She smiled when I told her that and she immediately warmed up to me and we chatted for awhile about books. As I was leaving to start looking around she came along with me and gave me a mini tour of the library, pointing out some authors she enjoys reading. I don’t know if this is what they do, to show all new members around the library but I would like to believe that my excitement rubbed off on her and she was able to share her love for books with me and go the extra mile in showing me around the library ha ha ha.

One of the first books I came across in my search was this one:

I am a great fan of Monk the TV series; I have watched each and every episode of the series. I could not resist taking the book when I saw it. Apparently, it is a continuation from where the TV series ended when Monk was finally able to solve the mystery of  his wife's death (any Monk fans out there?). I have just begun reading it, so far so good. The way the obsessive and compulsive Mr. Monk is always able to see things that most people would miss and solve murder cases always fascinates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...