Monday 27 September 2010

The 'Joys' Of Singlehood

My post today is inspired by a statement that one of my friends put up on their face book profile recently. I have to admit, I have a  love and hate relationship with face book but for some reason I cannot seem to stay away from it. Anyway, this is what my friend posted, "Is it really that wrong and awkward to be still single at this age? Most of my peers are still single so whats the big deal then.....I'm gonna smack the next person who brings up this issue....let the man be PLEASE!"

'I am with you bro, I am with you' was what I immediately thought. The pressure... I know it, have experienced it and sometimes is too much and can be annoying. When people especially loved ones begin to think that its about time you graduated from single-hood into marriage they say and do all sort of things to get their points across. For instance:
1. Friends begin to give your number to people they think would be well suited with you in the hope that they could be the 'one for you'.
2. Aunties and Uncles begin to talk to you about how your parents are just about the only ones in the immediate family who do not yet have grand children.
3. People begin to tell you that you are such a wonderful person and that it is amazing that someone has not yet 'snatched' you and they hint heavily that could it be that the problem is with you, that is, maybe you are playing too hard to get.
4. Friends openly accuse you of being too picky and that if you continued like that you would never get married.
5. Friends and family will as close as interrogate you when you mention a friend of the opposite sex. They suspect that there could be more to the relationship that you are telling.
6. People will begin to make statements like 'What? Being a bride's maid again?'
7. Telling people that you are waiting on God and His perfect timing stops making sense to them and they tell you to be realistic. Really? What could be more realistic than trusting the God of all flesh who knows the hearts of man and knows what is best for me and when?

Anybody, at this place or maybe it's just me and my friend? Just wondering.

3 comments:

  1. Stick with your convictions and wait for God's best. Don't settle for any less in the hope of fitting in with the Jones. God's plans for you and His timimg to bring it to pass is not the same as another.

    Enjoy your singlehood and use it for His glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maid of Heart. I am still hanging onto God for dear life, with Him I know I can never go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not always easy being single but one should always trust in God. Since you're connected to God, he will connect you to the right person. Thats what I keep telling myself.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...