Friday 3 September 2010

Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story

Image from here

Anyone watched this movie? If so what did you think?

I find it hard to find good movies these days. Movies with real substance and that inspire me. A lot of the movies nowadays are about stunts and effects and honestly, although it is all impressive I am not a great fan. Such movies rarely have an impact on me, ask me a couple of days after watching, most of the times I can hardly remember what the movie was all about. I have to admit though, I have a great loveeeee for what some call the cheesy movies, I love to laugh and happy endings:)

I was very touched and inspired by the Ben Carson story. What a wonderful mother he had. She was a woman who encouraged her children and wanted so much for them. She emphasized to them all the time from the time they were young that they could be anything they wanted to be. Even when he was a grown up man Ben often found himself remembering the encouraging words of his mother and being re- inspired by them all over again. There is a lesson right there for all parents and future parents we can build our children, encourage them, show and let them know that we believe in them - it makes a huge difference. God help me - I want to be such a mother to my children and so much more.

Other movies I have watched based on true stories that inspire me include Miss Potter and of course the Blindside. Any suggestions anyone????

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...

    Certainly would look for it sometime and have a good watch.

    Shona, have u seen 'A good man is hard to find?' Can't remember names of people who did it. Google it. You'd be blessed.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen that one. Will google it up.
    Thanks LDP!
    Gifted Hands is a powerful movie. I was on the brink of crying on some scenes. Its the kind of movie I can watch again and again.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...