Tuesday 8 June 2010

A Pleasant Surprise

Did anyone have the pen-pal craze when they were growing up? I did. I have always been a curious and inquisitive person and I was fascinated with communicating with people from different countries and cultures. I would happily use my pocket money to post letters abroad, it was worth it to me. Unfortunately, with most of them we would exchange a few letters and then that was it. I would try writing several letters and if there was no response I knew that was it. Each time that happened I would be disappointed and I would start all over again searching for new ones.I clearly remember pleading with God to give me pen-pals who would continue communicating with me and whom I would eventually meet and I actually wrote it down in the diary I kept then. Well, God answered my childish longings and he blessed me with three pen-pals now more of e-pals with whom I have been communicating with for years. From this I have learnt that God cares about what I want even if its something that sounds silly at times and that no request is insignificant before God. Be specific with God and share with Him all the desires of your heart - big or small - because He cares.

Anyway, two weeks ago I received a surprise phone call from one of my pen pals/e-pals and she was in London for two weeks (she is from Netherlands). We were both so excited and we made arrangements to meet. I went over last week and we spent a fantastic day together sight seeing and catching up. Yes, God has blessed me with wonderful friends from all walks of life and for that I am grateful.


That's my friend in the purple top. She is an amazing person and I am blessed to have her in my life. Girl, thanks for creating time in your hectic schedule to see me.

5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I once had a pen-pal from Ghana. We're kinda still in contact...although just once in a blue moon. The "hello, how r u doing" kinda thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Good for you. I was into the pen-pal thing too many moons ago. It was fun. Good that you're still in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I can't wait to meet the several wonderful friends I have made online when I visit Nigeria next month. If you had butterflies in your stomach, I don't know what I'd have in mine cos I am always excited about friendship. lol

    Hope your week has been good Shona?

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connections of the heart or God-kind are simply the best!

    I'm always grateful when God guides me into a circle of loving and caring girlfriends.

    You're blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jaycee an Believer.

    Maid of Heart - I agree it was fun and still is for me. Thanks for stopping by.

    LDP - I did have butterflies in my stomach but it was so wonderful meeting her. I am sure you will have an awesome time meeting your online friends. Its amazing the different methods God uses to bring people into lives.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging State of Mind

2018 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy year and I can't believe that we are already looking at another new year. To be honest, bl...